Monday, May 13, 2013

Preparation for Pentecost

I have decided to try something a little different on my blog. I am posting the questions that I am asking myself this week as I prepare for preaching next Sunday. I would enjoy hearing your comments.

The readings on Sunday, May 19th are:
Acts 2:1-21; Psalm 104:25-35; Romans 8:14-17; John 14:8-17, 25-27

Describe how some person has inspired courage in you.
What gifts of the Spirit can you identify in yourself that could help transform your world?
Which gifts of the Spirit can you identify in our community?
How are we developing together with others a mission of liberation in our everyday life?
Language is so important to our understanding. Recall an experience when your words were terribly misunderstood.
When have you been surprised at people very different from you hearing God's message through you?
What do the words "I'm sending you" call you to do this week?
Speak of a time when you were able to go beyond your limitations in speaking or doing something.
Write your gift on a piece of paper. Place it on the offering plate.

No comments:

The Second Sunday after Epiphany, Year A

Come and See Readings: Isaiah 49:1-7; Psalm 40:1-11; 1 Corinthians 1:1-9; John 1:29-42 Invitations come in many shapes and sizes. They ...