Monday, November 24, 2008

My Lovely Jewel

Today I had to say goodbye to Jewel, my dog companion of the last fifteen years. She was my first dog, and I could not have asked for a better pet. I rescued her from an Animal Shelter. They didn't want to adopt her out, because they thought she would be a risk. I talked them into it. What a blessing she has been! She was the best natured little animal that you could imagine. She was well behaved, clever and had a beauty about her that is hard to describe. She has suffered. She lost her sight due to glaucoma. She had lymphoma. But she lived a happy,long life. Gemma and I will miss her terribly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I extend my sympathies to you at the death of your dear friend, Jewel. I have experienced such loss myself before. May you be comforted by warm memories and God's love. My best to you during this time of grief for a dear loved one and friend. Sincerely, Pastor Jean.

The Rev. Canon Ann M Smith said...

Thank you so much for your comment. I do so appreciate the care and concern of my friends. Gemma is still looking in every room for Jewel. She has taken to sleeping on Jewel's blanket. We are comforting one another.

Anonymous said...

Please accept my sincerest sympathy to you and Gemma. I know what it is like to lose a beloved dog and how empty one's life can feel. I lost two 'best friends' to contaminated dog food a year and half ago. I felt that I never wanted to share my life again yet God had a far better idea. Withing two months He had managed to bring two more dogs who needed rescued into the emptiness. Remember Jewel with all the love you had for her,grieve for her and listen to what God has in store for you and Gemma.
Blessings to you both. Rev. Bev

The Second Sunday after Epiphany, Year A

Come and See Readings: Isaiah 49:1-7; Psalm 40:1-11; 1 Corinthians 1:1-9; John 1:29-42 Invitations come in many shapes and sizes. They ...